|Starts:||11/24/2014 - 7:00pm|
|Ends:||11/24/2014 - 8:00pm|
In partnership with the the Clinton Macomb Public Library-North Branch, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) will be hosting a free informational session about naturalization on Monday, November 24, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Novi Public Library, 16800 24 Mile Road, Macomb Twp, MI 48042.
During this one-hour session, an attorney will provide an overview of the naturalization process, discuss requirements and eligibility, describe benefits, and answer questions.
- Can petition for more categories of family members from abroad to join them in the United States,
- Can travel abroad for extended periods of time without consequences to U.S. citizenship status,
- Can have their permanent resident children under 18 years old automatically derive citizenship,
- Are safe from deportation and removal,
- Receive certain preferential tax treatment,
- Can apply for public benefits like SSI,
- And so much more.
You may be eligible for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for five years, or, just three years if you are also married to a U.S. citizen.