MIRC’s Farmworker & Immigrant Worker Rights practice provides legal advice and representation to low-wage migrant and seasonal farmworkers and immigrant workers experiencing employment-related legal issues.
The Farmworker and Immigrant Worker Rights' practice only represents workers and focuses on the following legal issues:
- Farmworker individual and class action litigation (unpaid wages or bonuses, migrant housing conditions, failure to disclose, unlicensed farm labor contractors, false promises)
- Wage and hour individual and class action litigation (unpaid wages, unlawful deductions, misclassification, joint-employer liability)
- Workplace sexual harassment and discrimination (race, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy)
- Workplace health and safety (chemical and pesticide exposure, heat illness, lack of PPE)
- Worksite immigration raids
- Labor trafficking (including U and T visas),
- Non-citizens' access to unemployment insurance
- Immigrant access to workers' compensation
- Employment class action litigation
Workers can call our hotline at 1-800-968-4046 for assistance or fill out this form to request a legal consultation.