|Starts:||02/18/2014 - 7:00pm|
|Ends:||02/18/2014 - 8:00pm|
In partnership with the Dearborn Public Library, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) will be hosting a free informational session about naturalization on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Henry Ford Centennial, 16301 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
Do you know that besides being able to vote and get a U.S. passport, citizenship provides numerous other benefits. U.S. citizens
- Can petition for more categories of family members from abroad to join them in the United States,
- Can travel abroad for extended periods of time without consequences to U.S. citizenship status,
- Can have their permanent resident children under 18 years old automatically derive citizenship,
- Are safe from deportation and removal,
- Receive certain preferential tax treatment,
- And so much more.
You may be eligible for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for five years, or, just three years if you are also married to a U.S. citizen.