|Starts:||06/30/2013 - 2:00pm|
|Ends:||06/30/2013 - 3:00pm|
In partnership with the Canton Public Library, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) will be hosting a free informational session about naturalization on Sunday, June 30, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM at 1200 S Canton Center Rd Canton, MI 48188.
During this one-hour session, an attorney will provide an overview of the naturalization process, discuss requirements and eligibility, describe benefits, and answer questions.
- Can petition for more categories of family members from abroad to join them in the United States,
- Can travel abroad for extended periods of time without consequences to U.S. citizenship status,
- Can have their permanent resident children under 18 years old automatically derive citizenship,
- Are safe from deportation and removal,
- Receive certain tax benefits,
- And so much more.
You may be eligible for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for five years, or, just three years if you are also married to a U.S. citizen.
Please stop by to learn more. No advance registration is required.